Monday 16 April 2007

Competition Finalist!!


Beach Sunset (2)
Originally uploaded by MrLuke.
ARRH!! I feel like screaming! (in a good way!)

I sent off one of my photos to a competition on the web that I just searched for randomly on Google a few days ago... and then today I got this email saying:

"Dear Luke Wilson,

On behalf of the editing team here at Photography Laureates, we would like to congratulate you for being selected for publication as part of our highly acclaimed photography anthology. As such, you are a finalist for the $6500 prize. As a laureate and talented photographer, you will have access to several networking opportunities aimed at exposing you to the photography community.

Your photograph was selected out of hundreds of competing entries and you will be published along with other talented photographers. Kyrta Reeve and John Warton, our 2 editors, have reviewed your photograph Beach Sunset at Cornwall and have selected it for its structure and composition:"

I'm in shock! I can't believe it!!

2 comments:

  1. excellent work.

    one very minor suggestion though.

    you might want to try cropping the excess black on the right side. as it is, the picture looks asymmetrical (and not in a good/deliberate way). The picture has that appeal to symmetry and asymmetry at the same time. taking off that excess black section, and centering the sun is a good way to balance your composition.

    congratulations! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I did crop it for the competition entry, I just never cropped the one on the Flickr site for some reason!
    Something I been meaning to do..

    ReplyDelete